I need a little favour from you. It requires you to get all click-y with your mouse but it'll only take a minute and in return I promise unconditional love and cupcakes.
There are a number of ways you can stay connected with the blog and the majority of you have chosen facebook. But, here's the thing! It has come to my attention that a looooot of you don't receive my posts or status updates. It's all to do with algorithms ... or something. I don't know. What I DO know is that if you aren't so active on the page then the chances of you receiving my posts are even less :(
Buuuuutttt, I learned of a couple of new features that turned my frown upside down. :) You can add ThisGirlBlogs to an 'Interest List' to make sure you receive ALL my posts and updates or you can select 'Get Notifications' and you'll get a notification whenever I post something that hasn't shown up in your news feed.
I'd love for us to stay connected and get chatty and both ways are perfect for ensuring that! You can do one or the other, or even both ;)
I love interacting with you guys and don't want any of you to miss out on all the fun that's to be had. So, here's where you grip your mouse and poise that finger over the left button - I need you to hover over the 'like' button and get clicking! Like this:
Twitter is also a great way to stay connected! My handle is @thisgirlblogs. Can you tell it took me AGES to come up with that? ;)
But, if you really want to make sure you don't miss anything then the best thing to do would be to follow this blog through Google Friend Connect, or even better - subscribe through RSS Feed or by simply entering your email into the subscribe box. It's all over there! --->
Thank you all so much!
Now, as promised, here are them cupcakes!
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
THE RECIPE: Preheat oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3. Makes 12.
For the cupcake
145g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
60g unsalted butter
1 vanilla pod
For the buttercream
280g icing sugar
85g unsalted butter
1 vanilla pod
1. In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients - the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter. Mix well and rub in the butter until you get a breadcrumb-y consistency.
3. Scrape the seeds from the inside of the vanilla pod, add this to the bowl and mix.
5. Fill 2/3rds of the cases by scooping a couple of tablespoons of the mixture into each one.
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once baked, place on a cooling rack and allow to completely cool before adding the frosting.
8. For the frosting - mix together the butter and icing sugar. The longer you mix, the fluffier it will be. Slowly add the milk until you get the consistency you want.
9. Scrape the seeds of a vanilla pod and add this to the buttercream. Continue mixing for approx. 5minutes.
10. Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe away!
Other occasions I've made these ...